Thursday, January 15, 2009

Old Friend and a Few Pics

I reconnected by email with an old friend yesterday. It had been at least 4 years since we'd spoken or seen each other! Even though there were no hard feelings between us, we just let time/family/life get in the way, you know? It felt good to catch up with her, and I'm making a mental note to make sure I don't neglect my friends in 2009...

So here's the most recent family portrait, courtesy of our newly-discovered camera timer. I had no clue our little point-and-shoot had this capability. Imagine all the photos I could have been in...

BJ is exactly 5 months old in this photo and is IN LOVE with the camera!



I
also wanted to share a few recent layouts. They're both products of my recent trip to the Scrappy Boutique in Orlando. I'm telling you, this store is like a candy store for scrappers! Be prepared to buy something, because you'll want everything. I think I spent about $40 on paper!



Doesn't that owl make you want to smile? The paper is from Pink Paisley and the smaller strip is Basic Grey. I cut the flowers out of some scrap paper I found at the local scrapbooking store - I forgot the product line (SEI, I think). I also used some pop dots to give them a little dimension. The journaling spot is from Making Memories.


The orange patterned paper is also from Pink Paisley (quickly becoming my new favorite line), and the cogs/robot paper is Cosmo Cricket. i also cut up some Prima flowers to make my own "cogs" - great way to use up those flowers on boy pages.

Thanks for looking!



1 comment: